Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Strawberry Romaine Salad with Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing



I first had some form of this salad at a bridal shower and became OBSESSED with finding the recipe. It did not take me long at all to find it online. I made a few revisions and brought it to my husband's Easter celebration with his family and they ATE IT UP. I did not know that my husband's brother-in-law does not like mayo, and he was licking the dressing off of his plate, not knowing there was mayo in the dressing. I guess that is good for those of you who do not like mayo because you can't even taste it. I made this the other night for dinner but I added grilled chicken to make it more of an entree and less of a side dish. It was AH-MAZ-ING!!

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce.
  • 1 small bag chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
  • 2 table spoons white wine vinegar
  • 1-2 cups grilled chicken; cubed (optional)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
  • Red Onion (Use as much as you want. I like the flavor but I don't like it to be too overpowering so this is how much I used....)


  • And lastly, 2 cups freshed sliced strawberries. Don't these look yummy?



Directions:

  • In a large bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, chicken, pecan and onion



  • Give it a good toss
                         

  • In another bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar, sugar, milk, and poppyseeds



  • Divide the salad into salad bowls and drizzle the dressing over top!


????????


Brady likes his grilled chicken and strawberries!!



No comments:

Post a Comment